|Title of the article
NETWORK SLANG AMONG THE YOUTH OF SARATOV
Ivchenkov Sergey Grigor'evich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of youth sociology, Saratov National Research State University named after N. G. Chernyshevsky (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Ivchenkova Mariya Sergeevna, Candidate of sociological sciences, research worker, department of social structure, the Institute of Sociology of RAS (building 5, 24/35 Krzhizhanovskogo street, Moscow, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Computerization of both professional and everyday life doesn’t just affect the life of the population, especially young people. It has an impact on the nature of communication between people, social groups. Internet communication of young people contributes to penetration of specific terms, computer jargon and other borrowings from networks into their speech. The aim of this study is to identify the degree of prevalence of the network slang among the Saratov youth and its social functions.
Materials and methods. Empirically the research was based on results of the youth poll in Saratov.
Results. The study has revealed a high incidence of the network slang, not only in the Internet communication of young people, but also its rapid penetration into the everyday life of young people.
Conclusions. The study has revealed that the network performs a variety of functions and the slang serves not only to accelerate the exchange of information, but also as a tool of integration, identification, expression of emotions and creative attitude of the youth to reality. However, in the view of young people, it should be consumed in doses, because it brings disharmony between generations.
computerization, Internet, network slang, youth, social functions
|| Download PDF
1. Kotova O. E. Struktura i semantika angloyazychnogo komp'yuternogo i setevogo zhargona [Structure and semantics of English computer and network slang]. Saint-Petersburg: Znanie, 2001.
2. Voyskunskiy A. E. Razvitie rechevogo obshcheniya kak rezul'tat primeneniya Interneta [Speech communication development as a result the Internet use]. Rostov-on-Don: SZAGS, 2004.
3. Guseynov G. Zametki k antropologii russkogo Interneta: osobennosti yazyka i literatury setevykh lyudey [Notes on the anthropology of the Russian Internet: features of network people’s language and literature]. Moscow: Progress, 2003.
4. Utkina A. Vliyanie internet-slenga na gramotnost' shkol'nikov [Internet slang’s impact on secondary school students’ literacy]. Saransk, 2011.
5. Karaseva A. Rol' i funktsiya errativa v internet-slenge [Importance and functions of cacography in the internet slang]. Moscow, 2013.
6. Afanas'eva I. Setevoy sleng: za i protiv [Network slang: pros and cons]. Moscow, 2004.
7. Kordonskiy M. Molodezhnyy sleng v internete i real'nosti [Youth slang in the Internet and in reality]. Moscow, 2013.
8. Efremenko D. Vliyanie sotsial'nykh internet-setey na formirovanie kommunikativnoy kul'tury podrostkov [Influence of social networks on formation of communicative culture in teenagers]. Saint-Petersburg, 2011.
9. Krysin L. P. Tolkovyy slovar' inoyazychnykh slov [Explanatory dictionary of foreign words]. Moscow: Eksmo, 2008.
10. Argo. Slovar' lingvisticheskikh terminov [Argot. Dictionary of linguistic terms]. Ed. by O. S. Akhmanova. Moscow, 2004.
11. Degtyareva O. A. Yazyk obshcheniya internet-sotsiuma Runeta. Stanovlenie i razvitie [Communicative language of the Runet community. Origin and development]. Moscow, 2009.
Дата создания: 07.06.2017 11:37
Дата обновления: 15.06.2017 15:57